Port Bowler is the ideal place for your barefoot bowls event, whether it’s with a few friends or maybe a social or corporate function, our club offers it all. We have 12 rinks available, great club facilities (refurbished in 2020), public transportation close by which includes the 109 tram stop 300 meters away and public car parking. We welcome all group sizes of all ages.
Monday: Green Closed
Tuesday: 12:00pm – 6:00pm
Wednesday: 12:00pm – 6.00pm
Thursday: 12:00pm – 6.00pm
Friday: 12:00pm – 6.00pm
Saturday: 12:00pm – 5.00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm – 5.00pm
- You may be available to hire a rink outside these hours, please call to inquire.
- $10 per person for two hours
- Two hour duration, on the hour. Consecutive rink hire is available on request and subject to availability.
- ** NOTE: Rates are subject to change.
Hire Fees Include:
- 2 hours of lawn bowls
- All equipment
- Bowling demonstration if required
Requirements for Bowling:
- Port Melbourne Bowling Club operates under a club licence you and all barefoot bowlers and guest will need to sign in as visitors to the club.
- We practise the responsible serving of alcohol.
- We are fully licensed (no BYO) with a great range of popular beverages at discounted prices.
- Barefoot means barefoot – but if you have lawn bowls shoes, that’s fine. If you don’t like the feeling of grass under your feet, please bring along a pair of old socks.
- We can accomodate groups from 8 to 60 Bowlers at any one time, larger groups can rotate bowlers with a maximum of 10 Bowlers per rink at any one time.
- Casual walk in groups can be accomodated subject to Green availability.
- Please dress appropriately and make sure you wear sun-smart clothes and sunscreen as necessary.
- When you arrive we will make sure you are instructed in the game and, importantly, the safety aspects of barefoot lawn bowls to make sure your experience and those of our other guests is a safe and enjoyable.
- All Bowlers will be issued with wrist bands, no wrist band no bowls
- No drinking or smoking on the greens
- No swearing or bad language will be tolerated.